How many times do you hear yourself saying:
- My job sucks the life out of me.
- I went to college for this?
- I'm tired of watching my life go by.
- Sometimes, I leave work and donít even recognize myself!
Are you feeling the drain of job burnout?
Lots of people have their energy zapped by the tedium or meaninglessness of their work. Because you don't have the inspiration or the support you need to figure out what to do next, much more than your work is affected!
At the beginning of burnout, you might:
- Struggle to leave job issues at work
- Feel life is passing you by
- Experience physical effects of stress (headaches, upset stomach, back problems)
- Be irritable with those you love
- Spend the little free time you have on couch potato recovery
The vicious energy-sucking cycle resulting from a draining job makes for serious misery, especially if you are a creative, dynamic, goal-oriented, optimistic person.